Building on Duffy London’s reputation for Art as Furniture, Abyss 'Pondicherry' is designed exclusively for The House Of Things, limited to just 10 editions - a beautiful and unique collector's item.
A continuation of Duffy’s exploration of the concept of depth and its perception with the Abyss series, Abyss ‘Pondicherry’ is raised to dining or boardroom level at 75 cms high. A mesmerising portrayal of the Oussudu Lake, the largest lake in Pondicherry, played out in vivid colours and grounded in a choice of either mirror polished stainless steel or matte black steel, Abyss Pondicherry speaks to the serene waters and topography of the lake and the rich, cultural history of the region.
Share this product
High grade wood from Forest Stewardship Council managed forests and other controlled sources. Stainless Steel, Glass.
- Designed by Christopher Duffy exclusively for The House of Things.
- Limited to 10 editions.
- Each piece is handmade at the Duffy London studio using eco-friendly materials from controlled sources and wood from Forestry Stewardship Council-managed forests.
Care and Instructions:
- Wipe clean with damp cloth.
- Do not use abrasives.
- The product will be dispatched in 8 to 10 weeks.
- Made to order items cannot be returned or exchanged
- Returns accepted within 7 days of delivery in case of damaged goods
- Shipping within India is without any extra charges
- International Orders:
- Shipping costs may vary depending on volume of item purchased, as well as method and location of delivery
- To obtain a shipping quote, click on Request More Information and provide us your details. Within 48 hours, you will receive a shipping quote via email for your approval.
- International Orders are shipped on a DDU (Delivery Duty Unpaid) basis
- Customs duties may apply to international purchases
Duffy London is a UK Design Studio from Christopher Duffy producing bespoke ideas-based furniture and sculpture that combines art and function and plays with the concepts of gravity, geography, and illusion.
Chris works with a talented team of designers, artisans, and manufacturers to turn these concepts into high-quality pieces of luxury bespoke furniture and artistic sculpture. All pieces are individually handmade to order in the London studio by a skilled team of craftspeople using sustainable wood and other eco-friendly materials and mediums.
Works are divided into six main collections - Abyss, Solo / Sculptural, Megalith, Up! Balloon, Swing, and Meeting Pod.
Chris's designs have featured at design fairs worldwide including Art Basel, Art Miami, and 100% DEsign London. Duffy London pieces have been acquired by Sylvester Stallone, Miley Cyrus, and The Weekend, as well as companies including Google, Hudson Yards and Four Season's Hotels. In 2019, a limited edition of the Abyss Table was acquired by the Musée des Arts Décoratifs at The Louvre in Paris to become part of the permanent National collection.
Chris and the studio are constantly exploring new mediums along with the latest cutting-edge techniques, as part of their ongoing mission to apply innovative modern design to the world of furniture and sculpture.View more details