"Bombay Art Deco Architecture" presents a treasury of Art Deco buildings comprising residential, commercial, and civic architecture across the city. Created during the mid '30s and '40s, a glamorous and optimistic era that predated the official end of the British Raj, the architects during that period were determined to imbue the city with a new, modern style. The style shares its provenance with the Art Deco architecture of Miami Beach, termed 'Tropical Deco' by author Laura Cerwinske in her seminal 1981 book. Built in the same era, the Art Deco architecture of the two cities exhibits similar scale, geometry, tropical vocabulary, and a love for romance.
Share this product
Author: Navin Ramani
Binding: Hard Bound
- 5 to 7 working days for ready products
- 4 to 6 weeks for Made To Order items
- Made to order items cannot be returned or exchanged
- Returns accepted within 7 days of delivery in case of damaged goods
- Shipping within India is without any extra charges
- International Orders:
- Shipping costs may vary depending on volume of item purchased, as well as method and location of delivery
- To obtain a shipping quote, click on Request More Information and provide us your details. Within 48 hours, you will receive a shipping quote via email for your approval.
- International Orders are shipped on a DDU (Delivery Duty Unpaid) basis
- Customs duties may apply to international purchases
A Roli Books initiative, CMYK is a first of its kind concept book store in the country. The focus at CMYK is on books dedicated to art and design from award winning publishers such as Phaidon, Thames & Hudson, Laurence King, Antique Collector’s Club, Tate Museum, British Museum, Abrams, Skira, Braun, and many more. The store covers subjects in 20,000+ titles relating to art, design, photography, architecture, jewellery, travel, lifestyle, specialty cookbooks, fashion, gardening, and a collection of fiction, non-fiction, biography etc. Today, the company has generously encouraged every genre of publishing and is just the preface of what might well become a bestseller.View more details