Published to accompany the exhibition at the British Museum in 2012 with a preface from Neil MacGregor, this remarkable book explores Picasso's most important group of etchings, the Vollard Suite. Created between 1930 and 1937, a period in which the artist became immersed in sculpture, the suite reveals key themes - the classical world, its sculpture and myths - as topics which preoccupied Picasso and influenced much of his work. The etchings are presented together with sculptural objects from the British Museum's unique collection, as well as documentary photographs of the artist, his lover and model Marie-Thérèse Walter, and the greatest avant-garde Paris art dealer and print publisher of his day, Ambroise Vollard, from whom the suite takes its name. This is the first substantial publication of Picasso's Vollard Suite in over thirty years, stunningly reproduced from specially commissioned new photography.
Share this product
Author: Stephen Coppel
Imprints: Thames & Hudson
Binding: Hard Bound
- 5 to 7 working days for ready products
- 4 to 6 weeks for Made To Order items
- Made to order items cannot be returned or exchanged
- Returns accepted within 7 days of delivery in case of damaged goods
- Shipping within India is without any extra charges
- International Orders:
- Shipping costs may vary depending on volume of item purchased, as well as method and location of delivery
- To obtain a shipping quote, click on Request More Information and provide us your details. Within 48 hours, you will receive a shipping quote via email for your approval.
- International Orders are shipped on a DDU (Delivery Duty Unpaid) basis
- Customs duties may apply to international purchases
A Roli Books initiative, CMYK is a first of its kind concept book store in the country. The focus at CMYK is on books dedicated to art and design from award winning publishers such as Phaidon, Thames & Hudson, Laurence King, Antique Collector’s Club, Tate Museum, British Museum, Abrams, Skira, Braun, and many more. The store covers subjects in 20,000+ titles relating to art, design, photography, architecture, jewellery, travel, lifestyle, specialty cookbooks, fashion, gardening, and a collection of fiction, non-fiction, biography etc. Today, the company has generously encouraged every genre of publishing and is just the preface of what might well become a bestseller.View more details