Thota Vaikuntam established a pictorial world of women. His obsession of drawing women and the source directly comes from his mother whom he drew several times. Her attire, jewellery, costumes and the bindis became his visual vocabulary exemplifying the typical ‘Telangana woman’. However, it is interesting to see how the artist deconstructs the decorative form with heavy distortions.
His pompous women figures are shown dark, disfigured, yet attractive and sensuous, adorned with glitzy nose rings and in dazzling Sircilla sarees which are deliberately abstracted through fluid lines and tones.
Share this product
Pen and Pencil on Paper
The prints are signed by the artist.
Mounted, comes in a cardboard box.
- 5 to 7 working days for ready products
- 4 to 6 weeks for Made To Order items
- Made to order items cannot be returned or exchanged
- Returns accepted within 7 days of delivery in case of damaged goods
- Shipping within India is without any extra charges
- International Orders:
- Shipping costs may vary depending on volume of item purchased, as well as method and location of delivery
- To obtain a shipping quote, click on Request More Information and provide us your details. Within 48 hours, you will receive a shipping quote via email for your approval.
- International Orders are shipped on a DDU (Delivery Duty Unpaid) basis
- Customs duties may apply to international purchases
Creatif is a concept design studio based in Hyderabad. In its true essence, the studio thrives to celebrate contemporary arts and traditional crafts. Curating stories through design, the studio produces collections made in collaboration with independent artists and local craftsmen.View more details