Featuring a vibrant scene of a tree teeming with life, the whimsical nature suggested by its composition is in fact superficial - for this highly-detailed, masterfully wrought tapestry depicting the important symbol of the Tree of Life is a motif in carpet design dating back to the earliest antique Persian rugs. A skillful representation of the original design typically found in traditional rugs and other weaves, the tapestry features frolicking peacocks and birds combined with the countless flowers and leaves that dominate the scene. An art masterpiece, this handcrafted wonder is truly exceptional.
Share this product
Cotton base with hand embroidered silk thread work
This beautiful tapestry is woven on a jacquard loom and hand embroidered by skilled artisans, keeping alive the centuries old tradition of tapestry manufacturing from generation to generation. It is fully lined with cotton linen and features two sleeves on either side for hanging off a rod. Alternatively, this tapestry can be hung with a wooden batten which is a concealed method of hanging.
- 5 to 7 working days for ready products
- 4 to 6 weeks for Made To Order items
- Made to order items cannot be returned or exchanged
- Returns accepted within 7 days of delivery in case of damaged goods
- Shipping within India is without any extra charges
- International Orders:
- Shipping costs may vary depending on volume of item purchased, as well as method and location of delivery
- To obtain a shipping quote, click on Request More Information and provide us your details. Within 48 hours, you will receive a shipping quote via email for your approval.
- International Orders are shipped on a DDU (Delivery Duty Unpaid) basis
- Customs duties may apply to international purchases
This section of our website is dedicated to desirable collectibles that refrain from traditional design definitions, handpicked by our curatorial team from across the globe. These include unusual vintage finds, objects sought out from artisans or emerging designers and work commissioned by us. Whether you are a veteran or a fledgling collector, we have some truly exceptional pieces-classic & contemporary, analogous to varied tastes and interests. Discovered and selected for their ingenuity and masterful details, each object exudes an effortless poise. From the acclaimed Raja Ravi Varma embellished prints to local treasures like thikri and marble art, we bring a plethora of rare art pieces to you that would otherwise remain relatively inaccessible. Thehouseofthings brings you a curated forum-the finest source for exploring and collecting extraordinary collectibles.View more details