What is it that which distinguishes a chair designed by an architect? Why is it so tempting for an architect to have a chair in his or her portfolio? Is it possible to use creative solutions interchangeably in both domains? "Chairs by Architects" answers these and many other questions to show how qualities in the buildings by architects are also evident in their chair design: pieces of furniture, like manifestos, become signatures of architectural style. The 55 architects include early modern architectural pioneers such as Otto Wagner, Charles Rennie Mackintosh, Antoni Gaudí and Walter Gropius, together with more recent modern masters such as Oscar Niemeyer, Santiago Calatrava, Zaha Hadid, Frank Gehry and Daniel Libeskind. The book contains interviews on Designing (in conversation with David Adjaye), Manufacturing (with David E. Bright, Knoll Inc.), Selling (with Zeev Aram), Collecting (with Richard Wright) and Preserving (with Susanne Graner, Vitra Design Museum).
Share this product
Length 25.90 cm (10.2")
Width 21.08 cm (8.3")
Author: Agata Toromanoff
Imprints: Thames & Hudson
Binding: Hard Bound
- The product will be dispatched within 5 to 7 working days.
- Made to order items cannot be returned or exchanged
- Returns accepted within 7 days of delivery in case of damaged goods
- Shipping within India is without any extra charges.
- International Orders:
- Shipping costs may vary depending on volume of item purchased, as well as method and location of delivery
- To obtain a shipping quote, click on Request More Information and provide us your details. Within 48 hours, you will receive a shipping quote via email for your approval.
- International Orders are shipped on a DDU (Delivery Duty Unpaid) basis
- Customs duties may apply to international purchases
CMYK Book Store
A Roli Books initiative, CMYK is a first of its kind concept book store in the country. The focus at CMYK is on books dedicated to art and design from award winning publishers such as Phaidon, Thames & Hudson, Laurence King, Antique Collector’s Club, Tate Museum, British Museum, Abrams, Skira, Braun, and many more. The store covers subjects in 20,000+ titles relating to art, design, photography, architecture, jewellery, travel, lifestyle, specialty cookbooks, fashion, gardening, and a collection of fiction, non-fiction, biography etc. Today, the company has generously encouraged every genre of publishing and is just the preface of what might well become a bestseller.View more details