The central panel of this pichwai depicts the offering of the Annakut festival. Annakut Mahotsav is one of the most important festivals for the Pushtimarg sect, as it commemorates the day Lord Krishna lifted the Govardhan Parvat to safeguard the people of Vraj against Lord Indra's vengeful rains. Celebrated on the 4th day of Diwali, "Annakut" literally translates to "Mountain of Food". Shrinathji is dressed in imperial splendour - in a turban (kulhe), a coat (chakdar jama), trousers (suthana), and socks (moja), particular to the occasion.
The focus of the entire celebration, however, is on a rich variety of delectable foods with the main emphasis on the huge mound of rice at the Lord's feet. This celebration brings together all the 24 "swaroops" of Shrinathji in Nathdwara, as seen in the medallions edging the artwork, each connected by red threads. An offering of "Chappan Bhog" or a feast of 56 delicacies is also prepared for the people of Vraj.
The bottom panel focuses on two themes - Shrinathji as "Girirajji" and the "Daan Leela".
Share this product
Width 95.25 cm (37.5")
Height 157.48 cm (62")
Natural Stone pigment on cotton. Gold leaf detail.
Care & Instructions:
- Material: dyed cotton with natural stone pigment.
- Made in India.
- The Pichwai ships rolled in a tube. One can frame in a weather-resistant wood frame.
- Alternatively, it can be hung with a wooden batten which is a concealed method of hanging.
- Each painting is handmade by a house of skilled artists. No two pieces are identical, which only adds to its originality and allure.
- The product will be dispatched within 5 to 7 working days.
- Made to order items cannot be returned or exchanged
- Returns accepted within 7 days of delivery in case of damaged goods
- Shipping within India is without any extra charges
- International Orders:
- Shipping costs may vary depending on volume of item purchased, as well as method and location of delivery
- To obtain a shipping quote, click on Request More Information and provide us your details. Within 48 hours, you will receive a shipping quote via email for your approval.
- International Orders are shipped on a DDU (Delivery Duty Unpaid) basis
- Customs duties may apply to international purchases
Bejewelled, inlaid, or hand-painted - the lines get blurred when the objects you adorn your home with are as beautiful as these. Handpicked by our curatorial team from across the globe, RARE is dedicated to desirable collectibles that refrain from traditional design definitions. Designed to inject high impact in your living spaces, these artful additions include objects sought out from artisans or emerging designers, and work commissioned by us. From unexampled tapestries to unique local treasures like thikri and marble art, explore the versatile range curated by our in-house specialists.View more details