Poetic allusions to godly deities were extremely popular in the Pichwai art of the 19th century, and were painted proffering blessings from above in most artworks. Pichwais with a liberal usage of gold and silver on dark backgrounds and slightly more heavyset and taller human figures are characteristic of the famed Golconda or Deccan pichwais.
These were made by stencilling images on to a piece of a cloth and then applying gold foil with an adhesive. This pichwai is characterized by a detailed floral border, which can be traced back to the Jagjeevandas family of Hyderabad.
Share this product
Width 84.58 cm (33.3")
Height 84.58 cm (33.3")
Natural pigment with gold leaf details on cotton
- This pichwai has been curated from the atelier of Ganesh Emporium, in Udaipur, Rajasthan.
Care & Instructions:
- Hang in a dust-free and smoke-free environment.
- Hang away from direct sunlight or heaters.
- To clean, do not use water or cleaning products of any kind. Instead gently blow the surface with compressed air from a can or hand held puffer, or use a soft brush.
- The Pichwai ships rolled in a tube. One can frame in a weather-resistant wood frame. Alternatively, it can be hung with a wooden batten which is a concealed method of hanging.
- Each painting is handmade by a house of skilled artists. No two pieces are identical, which only adds to its originality and allure.
- Images might vary slightly from actual product in terms of colour and form due to diverse screen resolutions and device settings.
- The product will be dispatched within 5 to 7 working days.
- Made to order items cannot be returned or exchanged.
- Returns accepted within 7 days of delivery in case of damaged goods.
- Shipping within India is without any extra charges.
- International Orders:
- Shipping costs may vary depending on volume of item purchased, as well as method and location of delivery.
- To obtain a shipping quote, click on Request More Information and provide us your details. Within 48 hours, you will receive a shipping quote via email for your approval.
- International Orders are shipped on a DDU (Delivery Duty Unpaid) basis.
- Customs duties may apply to international purchases.
Vipul Shah X The House Of Things
Discover our capsule collection of furniture adorned with traditionally embroidered upholstery, from our exclusive collaboration with Vipul Shah. Beautifully finished with hand-woven natural linens from the Rajasthan, our pieces feature ornate embellishments and warm colors, and are sure to liven any living space.View more details