Gopashtami celebrates the special occasion of a young Krishna’s veneration into a seasoned cowherd, or "Gopala" and "Govinda", their finder. It also marks the event when the Lord raised the Govardhan Parvat on his little finger to safeguard the people and cattle of Vrindavan against Lord Indra’s vengeful rains. The pichwais depicting this celebration focus on the relationship between Krishna and the cows, which formed an important part of the Lord’s childhood in Vraj.
This pichwai depicts Shrinathji in the “Rajbhog Swaroop” - the time after the Lord’s mid-day meal, when He is resting in the Nandalay. A beautiful composition or "mandli" of the sacred “Kamadhenu” cows surrounds him.
School of Nathdwara.
Share this product
Natural stone pigment on cotton. Gold Leaf details.
- Each painting is handmade by a house of skilled artists. No two pieces are identical, which only adds to its originality and allure.
- The product will be dispatched within 5 to 7 working days.
- Made to order items cannot be returned or exchanged
- Returns accepted within 7 days of delivery in case of damaged goods
- Shipping within India is without any extra charges
- International Orders:
- Shipping costs may vary depending on volume of item purchased, as well as method and location of delivery
- To obtain a shipping quote, click on Request More Information and provide us your details. Within 48 hours, you will receive a shipping quote via email for your approval.
- International Orders are shipped on a DDU (Delivery Duty Unpaid) basis
- Customs duties may apply to international purchases
Bejewelled, inlaid, or hand-painted - the lines get blurred when the objects you adorn your home with are as beautiful as these. Handpicked by our curatorial team from across the globe, RARE is dedicated to desirable collectibles that refrain from traditional design definitions. Designed to inject high impact in your living spaces, these artful additions include objects sought out from artisans or emerging designers, and work commissioned by us. From unexampled tapestries to unique local treasures like thikri and marble art, explore the versatile range curated by our in-house specialists.View more details