This print is one of a series of illustrations made for J. F. Cathcart of the Bengal Civil Service in 1855. The plates were executed by W. H. Fitch and analysed by the famous botanist J. D. Hooker. The following is an excerpt from Hooker's description. “This superb tree, which forms so conspicuous a feature in the scenery and vegetation of Dorjiling, was chosen by Dr. Thomson and myself to commemorate the eminent services of our friend Dr. Campbell, Resident at Dorjiling, in connection with the rise and progress of that important Sanatarium, as also his many contributions to our knowledge of the geography and natural productions, arts, manufactures, and races of the Nipal and Sikkim Himalaya.
Share this product
Canvas, Aluminium Frame
- 5 to 7 working days for ready products
- 4 to 6 weeks for Made To Order items
- Made to order items cannot be returned or exchanged
- Returns accepted within 7 days of delivery in case of damaged goods
- Shipping within India is without any extra charges
- International Orders:
- Shipping costs may vary depending on volume of item purchased, as well as method and location of delivery
- To obtain a shipping quote, click on Request More Information and provide us your details. Within 48 hours, you will receive a shipping quote via email for your approval.
- International Orders are shipped on a DDU (Delivery Duty Unpaid) basis
- Customs duties may apply to international purchases
A hands-on restoration studio, Calcuttan invites a discerning audience to acquire historically-correct pieces and fortuitous finds from the past. Their furniture pieces are lovingly hand-finished and restored to their forgotten glory by craftspeople who believe that restoration must ensnare the period vibes of a piece. However, juxtaposing its historical value with modern usage, the brand respects originality and embraces the imperfections that reflect the journey of an object, maintaining a bona fide patina.
A treasure trove of craft and curios, Calcuttan untangles a whole new take on vintage rehab and lets you dwell in intrigue.View more details