This beautiful curio is crafted in wood, hand painted by the artisans at Mayur Arts, and is the quintessence of the Indian mythological fable of the holy cow. Kamadhenu is a divine bovine-goddess described in Hinduism as the miraculous "cow of plenty", who provides her owner whatever he desires and is often portrayed as the mother of cattle. All the gods are believed to reside in the body of Kamadhenu - Her four legs are the scriptural Vedas her horns are the triune gods Brahma (tip), Vishnu (middle) and Shiva (base) her eyes are the sun and moon gods, shoulders, the fire-god Agni and the wind-god Vayu and her legs the Himalyas. Kamadhenu is often depicted in this form in Indian poster art.
Share this product
- Manufactured at Udaipur.
- Please get in touch with our Concierge Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
- 5 to 7 working days for ready products
- 4 to 6 weeks for Made To Order items
- Made to order items cannot be returned or exchanged
- Returns accepted within 7 days of delivery in case of damaged goods
- Shipping within India is without any extra charges
- International Orders:
- Shipping costs may vary depending on volume of item purchased, as well as method and location of delivery
- To obtain a shipping quote, click on Request More Information and provide us your details. Within 48 hours, you will receive a shipping quote via email for your approval.
- International Orders are shipped on a DDU (Delivery Duty Unpaid) basis
- Customs duties may apply to international purchases
Featured in top publications and design venues around the world, Mayur Arts creates luxurious decor objects for home. Established in 1978, by Hemant Periwal, the creative spectrum of this brand spans from bespoke furniture, antiques, silver, wood & brass artifacts, to traditional Mughal miniature paintings and pichwais collected over a period of time from noted royalties across India.
The characteristic traits that continually live through their creations are flawless sophistication, intimate luxury and ornate glamour. Hemant along with his son Dushyant, work with skilled artisans from across India to create cutting edge, handcrafted collections.View more details