Although the "Kamalan ki Pichwai" or Lotus pichwais were not made to adorn Shrinathji's shrine, they did convey an aesthetic and emotional appeal of summer shringaar. Right in the centre of the pond stands the "swaroop" of "Gokulchandramaji", wearing light clothing and playing the flute. The repetitive motif of these pichwais symbolizes lotus ponds and the banks of the River Yamuna, where the young Krishna spent much of his time with his beloved Gopis. The artists of these pichwais utilise the metaphor in one of the "ashtachhapa" poems, which compares Krishna to a bee and his cherished Gopis to lotuses.
School of Nathdwara.
Share this product
Natural stone pigment on cotton.
- Each painting is handmade by a house of skilled artists. No two pieces are identical, which only adds to its originality and allure.
- The product will be dispatched within 5 to 7 working days.
- Made to order items cannot be returned or exchanged
- Returns accepted within 7 days of delivery in case of damaged goods
- Shipping within India is without any extra charges
- International Orders:
- Shipping costs may vary depending on volume of item purchased, as well as method and location of delivery
- To obtain a shipping quote, click on Request More Information and provide us your details. Within 48 hours, you will receive a shipping quote via email for your approval.
- International Orders are shipped on a DDU (Delivery Duty Unpaid) basis
- Customs duties may apply to international purchases
Bejewelled, inlaid, or hand-painted - the lines get blurred when the objects you adorn your home with are as beautiful as these. Handpicked by our curatorial team from across the globe, RARE is dedicated to desirable collectibles that refrain from traditional design definitions. Designed to inject high impact in your living spaces, these artful additions include objects sought out from artisans or emerging designers, and work commissioned by us. From unexampled tapestries to unique local treasures like thikri and marble art, explore the versatile range curated by our in-house specialists.View more details