Persian influence on Indian miniature painting stems from the fact that Humanyun brought two of Persian empires best painters to India after his exile. Though very similar to Indian miniatures of the Mughal era these paintings are bolder in color scheme and have figures which are "Dedh Chashm" (One and a half eyed) unlike the Indian paintings which are generally one eyed. The Mughal style evolved as a result of a happy synthesis of the indigenous Indian style of painting and the Safavid school of Persian painting.
Share this product
Handmade Paper, Vegetable Dye, Natural Stone Colours
Care & Instructions:
- Keep away from direct sunlight, which can cause fading of certain pigments and increasing yellowing of varnish.
- It is not advisable to place the artwork above a heat source such as fireplaces.
- It is unadvisable to hang the painting in a moist environment such as a room which has a bath or shower.
- Can be safely dusted using a clean, soft natural artists brush.
- Do not use moist dust cloths, stiff bristle brushes, or feather dusters to clean the painting.
- Avoid spraying any fresheners, polish etc directly onto the painting.
- This unique artwork has been handpainted by skilled artists. Hence, it may contain slight imperfections which are the hallmarks of handmade creations.
- The product will be dispatched in 4 to 6 weeks.
- Made to order items cannot be returned or exchanged
- Returns accepted within 7 days of delivery in case of damaged goods
- Shipping within India is without any extra charges
- International Orders:
- Shipping costs may vary depending on volume of item purchased, as well as method and location of delivery
- To obtain a shipping quote, click on Request More Information and provide us your details. Within 48 hours, you will receive a shipping quote via email for your approval.
- International Orders are shipped on a DDU (Delivery Duty Unpaid) basis
- Customs duties may apply to international purchases
Jaimini, a portmanteau of "Jaipur" and "miniature art", is a coming together of not just words, but worlds too. Inspired by the Rajasthani, Mughal and Persian schools of miniature painting, Jaimini is an amalgam of these traditions while also an unforeseen interpretation of the above to reflect contemporary design.View more details