Santati, as Goddess Durga is known, is the granter of powerful wishes, the protector, the benevolent. We see her playing with Ganesha, the son of Parvati, her own incarnation in this painting. Ganesha is said to have been made from the dirt of Parvati's own body, so as to be her protector.
Share this product
Fine Art Paper with a layer of fabric behind, Water-based colour
- Pattachitra is an art form featuring traditional, cloth-based scroll paintings, originating in the Indian states of West Bengal and Odisha. Known for its intricate details and inscribed mythological narratives and folk tales, Pattachitra paintings are an important component of an ancient Bengali narrative art, originally serving as a visual device during the performance of a song.
- Painting is inclusive of mount (2.36" wide).
- Made in India.
- Hang in a dust-free environment.
- Comes unframed.
- This unique artwork has been handpainted by skilled artists. Hence, it may contain slight imperfections which are the hallmarks of handmade creations.
- The product will be dispatched in 4 to 6 weeks.
- Made to order items cannot be returned or exchanged
- Returns accepted within 7 days of delivery in case of damaged goods
- Shipping within India is without any extra charges
- International Orders:
- Shipping costs may vary depending on volume of item purchased, as well as method and location of delivery
- To obtain a shipping quote, click on Request More Information and provide us your details. Within 48 hours, you will receive a shipping quote via email for your approval.
- International Orders are shipped on a DDU (Delivery Duty Unpaid) basis
- Customs duties may apply to international purchases
A cohesive platform that brings together creatives and home décor manufacturers from around the country to create unique art and home accessories, each embedded with an inimitable story, Irris is a curator of creative voices – founded by Vineeta Singhania over 10 years ago. Born out of her love for Tanjore Art, Irris initially housed only her collection and self-made pieces. Today, it curates and commissions art, furniture, décor objects, lighting, wall installations, tableware, home linen, and accessories from a plethora of committed artisans and craftsmen around India.View more details