This vibrant collection featuring botanical prints is based on the much-loved proverbs (kahavaat) from across India. These cushions are available in a choice of natural linen, silk, or cotton and will light up any home or interior that is an invitation to easy living and exudes a sense of freedom and nostalgia.
Share this product
Pure Silk: 18" x 18"
Linen: 20" x 20"
- 5 to 7 working days for ready products
- 4 to 6 weeks for Made To Order items
- Made to order items cannot be returned or exchanged
- Returns accepted within 7 days of delivery in case of damaged goods
- Shipping within India is without any extra charges
- International Orders:
- Shipping costs may vary depending on volume of item purchased, as well as method and location of delivery
- To obtain a shipping quote, click on Request More Information and provide us your details. Within 48 hours, you will receive a shipping quote via email for your approval.
- International Orders are shipped on a DDU (Delivery Duty Unpaid) basis
- Customs duties may apply to international purchases
In 1664 the French East India Company brought the first of the colourfully printed cotton cloths known as indiennes, from India into France. Molière in his book Le Bourgeois Gentilhomme describes Monsieur Jourdain as being dressed in the latest fashion with “...une écharpe de toile peinte à l’indienne,” a printed cotton scarf from India, forerunners of Hermès scarves albeit in cotton. Indian fabrics were sold in Europe, traded for spices in South-East Asia, became the symbol of India’s struggle for Independence and the economic basis of an interwoven modern world. Toile Indienne joins this yarn of human history. The design house honours the Indian tradition of telling stories through their contemporary and classic fabric collections - inspired by the romance of India’s history, crafts and legends.View more details