Few British homes have not used Morris designs in one form or another, as a revival of interest in William Morris`s works took place throughout the second half of the twentieth century. They are also a reminder of the joys of the British countryside and have a modern appeal, surprising to find, in work created over 120 years ago. William Morris (1834-1896) began designing patterns for his own use, but he also wanted to improve the general standards of decorative design in Britain. Morris & Co. designed not only home interiors, but also a wide range of products for the home, including stained-glass windows, furniture, decorated tiles, printed and woven textile furnishings, carpets and tapestries. Wallpapers were made for the firm by Jeffrey & Co., a leading nineteenth-century London manufacturer and sold exclusively in Britain in the Morris & Co. shop in Oxford Street and through agents in major cities throughout Europe, America and Australia.
Share this product
Length 12.7 cm (5")
Width 17.78 cm (7")
Author: Linda Parry
Binding: Hard Bound
- The product will be dispatched within 5 to 7 working days.
- Made to order items cannot be returned or exchanged
- Returns accepted within 7 days of delivery in case of damaged goods
- Shipping within India is without any extra charges.
- International Orders:
- Shipping costs may vary depending on volume of item purchased, as well as method and location of delivery
- To obtain a shipping quote, click on Request More Information and provide us your details. Within 48 hours, you will receive a shipping quote via email for your approval.
- International Orders are shipped on a DDU (Delivery Duty Unpaid) basis
- Customs duties may apply to international purchases
CMYK Book Store
A Roli Books initiative, CMYK is a first of its kind concept book store in the country. The focus at CMYK is on books dedicated to art and design from award winning publishers such as Phaidon, Thames & Hudson, Laurence King, Antique Collector’s Club, Tate Museum, British Museum, Abrams, Skira, Braun, and many more. The store covers subjects in 20,000+ titles relating to art, design, photography, architecture, jewellery, travel, lifestyle, specialty cookbooks, fashion, gardening, and a collection of fiction, non-fiction, biography etc. Today, the company has generously encouraged every genre of publishing and is just the preface of what might well become a bestseller.View more details